Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Two Speechie's Tangled on a Tuesday: Let's Talk and Major Speech Pathology Fun by a Minor Girl

This week's Tangled Tuesday is with Whitney from Let's Talk! It has been really fun getting to know her through this activity and I know you will like her activity as much as my students did! Keep reading for a freebie below! This is was a definite item to go in my social skills grab area.

I am reviewing "In the Doghouse"

Here is the title page:



Here is an example of one of the cards targeting social language:


There is a very cute game board included to help students stay motivated:



A placemat is included to help your students decide whether the statement on the game card will make you end up "in the dog house" or "get a bone".




Another reinforcer game card included:



This game will be a perfect and easy to learn game for your students. I like the game mostly because it is simple! A lot of my students with ASD or social deficits get lost in the longer games that target social language. I like the idea that the student has to answer the question and then judge how it would be interpreted by another person! My students really liked the dog clipart and they loved "putting people in the dog house". I modified the game a little bit too by having students come up with statements that would make them "end up in the doghouse" or "get a bone". They loved making up statements for both! 

This is an activity with many task cards, so it allows you as the clinician to have a lot of variety in stimulus cards. I have played the game two different times and used different cards each time. That way the game is still fun to the students, but the stimuli is varied enough to where the student's do not remember what he/she said last time.

Grab this fabulous item here on TPT: In the Doghouse Activity

Head on over to her blog to check out a review of my activity: Let's Talk! Blog
Here is a link to the activity that Whitney reviewed on TPT:  Find the Clues Auditory Comprehension Activity

Here is a freebie just for coming on over to see the post:   January J as in Judge Freebie


If you would like to be a part of Tangled Tuesday, let me know-- either leave a comment in the comment section below, message me on my facebook page or leave a post on my facebook page! I look forward to more Tangled Tuesdays! The next Tangled Tuesday will be with The Speech Bubble next Tuesday January 29, 2013! Two more freebies will be featured in this post as well!

Follow me on Facebook for some fun giveaways, freebies and fun information  www.facebook.com/MinorSLP


No comments:

Post a Comment