Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Tangled Tuesday with Speech Universe and Major Speech Pathology Fun by a Minor Girl

Today is Tangled Tuesday with Speech Universe! She has some exciting materials and I had the honor of reviewing Secret Code Inferences using QR codes =) This was a really neat activity because they students get to use a new kind of technology to figure out the answers AND they had a lot of fun at the same time!







All of the activity cards have 2 different stages- there is an option to have an open ended question and the second set has answer choices. This was great to have 2 different levels so that the activity fit the majority of my caseload that have inferencing goals.

"What are they going to do?" will be the first activity portion featured because this is the activity I used the most.




"Where am I?" is up next =)





Next comes "What Am I?"




Next is "What Happened?"



Last, but not least is "Who Am I?"


There are also nice title cards that are the same size as the activity cards to use to separate the activities if you have them rubber banded together. I like the idea of the title cards being the same size as the activity cards =)
In order to use this activity you will need to download a QR reader on your Iphone or Ipad. I downloaded the app "QR reader for Iphone". My kids LOVED using my Ipad to scan for the answers. 

This overall was a huge hit and I used the activity for WH questions, problem solving and word finding! This activity was easily used to target multiple goals.

You can grab this activity HERE
Go check out Speech Universe Blog HERE to see a review of one of my activities =D

Thanks as always for reading =)







No comments:

Post a Comment