Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Tangled Tuesday with Speechy Musings and Major Speech Pathology Fun by a Minor Girl

Today we have another fun Tangled Tuesday with my friend Shannon over at Speechy Musings  =) She has a wonderful blog and of course some amazing materials and I am here today to feature one of them for you! I happened to have her Receptive Language Packet already from one of her flash freebies SO I was SOOO excited to get this expressive version. Did I tell you there were a TON of activities into one in this packet??? Well there IS! I love the TV show Cash Cab. even though it is no longer on air. I even saw the host on the Racheal Ray show one time and he is SO interesting haha. This post is really long because there are SOO many activities to feature within this 1 packet---

So here it is Cash Cab Expressive Language! 



One of the first activities is a red light challenge card activity. It's a generative naming activity or divergent naming activity! It contains 54 cards of categories =D




Next up is  Naming Function Activity! The student is instructed to name the function of the item listed on the card



Next up is the What is activity. The students are required to name an item that fits the adjective. I had my students name more than one. 



Then we have Describe This Word activity. It comes with a very very useful visual and multiple word cards. I liked this activity best because I can use it for so many goals (describing, grammar, sentence building etc)






Then we have Compare and Contrast. There are 3 different cards in this activity. Name how items are similar, different then a combo card.




Then we have WH Questions Activity. This activity was neat because it had my students generate their OWN questions. I liked that. I had all my students in each group create a different sentence that ended in the same answer. This was neat to show them that language is very diverse. 



Next activity is a How activity. This was a great activity to work on sequencing and describing multiple steps of a process.


Then we have Multiple Meaning Activity. This activity was difficult because it only had the word included on the card. However, this was great for my older students that didn't require as many cues anymore. 



There are some REALLY fun shout out cards. My students loved the show cash cab and really liked to use their shout out  cards. It was fun to see my students be selective about when they were going to use these cards. My students were a lot more strategic than I thought =D



Then there were the Foil Cards. These were the cards that made the game more fun, but my students did not like to see them =D They just made me smile as my students would say "urghhhh"



Of course you need a game board for this totally awesome activity. 


There were many different game boards, but this is the one I chose to use. 



Then there are individual boards you could use also. 




Overall this activity had more than enough activities for all of my student goals. This is definitely worth the cash because it is SO inclusive. It is rare to find an activity that is so comprehensive that is so thorough as well. I used these activities together and as a stand alone activities. I have used the game board with other activities as well. I actually think that the individual game boards are a great visual for students with disabilities because it has the go and stop. I used these visuals with my younger students totally separate from this game. I had them move their token one space for each 4 cards that they named. After they got to the stop sign, the student was able to take a 2 min break and then we would start over! That is what I like about TPT products. I can use the activity as is AND use various parts of the activity for something completely different than what it was intended for! 

You can grab her activity HERE
GO to her blog and see a review of my activity today HERE (she just got her own website and its awesome)
Follow her on Facebook HERE

Thanks as always for reading =D  Amy @








No comments:

Post a Comment