Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Drinking a Smoothie in hopes for a smooth day

This morning for breakfast I had a homemade smoothie! I have never been one to eat that much in the morning, so smoothies are perfect for me. My favorite is strawberry-banana and it is really easy to make. You need: strawberries, 2 bananas, a cup of greek yogurt, 1/2 cup of skim milk and a blender! This usually makes the equivalent of 2 morning smoothies for me. So I dump 1/2 of the smoothie into a cup with a lid for today and another into a storage container for the next day! I don't drink smoothies everyday- but if I know I am going to have a tight schedule the next day, I will make a smoothie ahead of time so all I need to do in the morning is grab and go! Breakfast in the car, set my stuff down and walk into a meeting feeling energized.

I always like fruit in my diet, so I add fruit to my smoothies. Watch how much you consume though because fruit has sugar in it too. I prefer skim milk to other milk's, but you can use whichever milk you like. I use greek yogurt because it has protein in it and, therefore, it makes me feel satisfied for longer.

Do you have a easy morning breakfast that you like to drink or make?

No comments:

Post a Comment