Monday, October 29, 2012

Thank Goodness for.....Matt and Molly Product Review- I LOVE THEM!

Ok the product was bought by a co-worker of mine and the opinions are all mine =) I work in an elementary school 2 days a week and a junior high 3 days a week. My favorite product that is at the elementary school is Matt and Molly in the Series Autism and PDD. There are many different book sets to choose from: Intermediate Social Skills Set, Picture Stories and Language Social Skills, Picture Stories and Language Activities, More Pictures and Stories and Language Activities,  and 2 CD sets with Matt and Molly.

They incorporate yes/no questions, open ended questions, inferencing, social skills, vocabulary and language building tasks in a story format with simple pictures. I think that is what I like best- the simple line drawings with the basic information. Therefore, the children can use their minds more to generate ideas and thoughts.

There is a script along with the book that makes the story really easy to read. My fellow speech pathologists and I use Matt and Molly everyday. At my school, we have all of them (except the intermediate series which I believe is fairly new). That is going to be on my wish list for my junior high! The 25% off sale at Linguisystems is going on right now until November 2nd for the Members Only sale.

Here is the link to one of the Matt and Molly Series-- you should definitely check it out. I even truly think that some of my kids are low enough language wise that I believe I could incorporate all of the products into my junior high lesson plans.

 Matt and Molly  This particular set is my favorite!

If just one person gets useful information from this post- than it is a success! Do you have a favorite Linguisystems product? Let me know!

Be sure to check out my Facebook Page! Major Speech Fun by a Minor Girl

2 comments:

  1. The Matt & Molly series are my favorite from Linguisystems as well! Even with somewhat higher functioning kids, you can use the picture cards to have them sequence and retell the story! They're very adaptable :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats a great idea! I was trying to figure out a way to incorporate them into my higher level kiddos. I either need to talk my husband into letting me dish out some cash to Linguisystems to buy it for myself or start writing a grant! I think my better bet is to begin writing haha! Have a great day and thanks for the comment! I love hearing from people!

      Delete