Saturday, December 15, 2012

Such and Such Saturday and Sunday: Catch Up

I have finished all of my Christmas Shopping except for the two lovely speech pathologists that I work with at my elementary school. I was thinking a gift certificate to Teachers Pay Teachers because we all could use some fun therapy items for the new year. But I haven't made my final decision yet, so we'll see. My husband and I decided we are just going to do stockings this year to each other. We just put a BUNCH of money into a 30X50 shop building in our backyard (we live on 2 acres), so we decided that was a big enough gift for us for the year =)

We played Secret Santa at my school this year and I received a Scentsy pot with 3 scents from my secret santa! We each got a gift for Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas. I think it was neat to include all 3 holidays, as we could spread the joy out for more months. It was pretty fun. I need to buy another Secret Santa gift for my elementary school special ed party next week.

Ok so so far thats 3 more gifts! Everytime I think I am finished with gifts- more pop up! Thats ok because I would rather buy for others anyway. I love the thought process behind gifts and I do not like that gift giving is now about christmas lists, black friday and sales. I think it takes away from the meaning and thought behind the gift. I personally think that you should know a person well enough to get them a gift without the person making you a list of items. Christmas isn't about getting the person what they WANT- its about giving a gift that shows you care. I always tell my parents each year. I would be happy with a simple letter from them.

One of the best gifts I ever received as a Christmas gift was a 2 dollar bill from my aunt and uncle. Money was a challenge for them at the time and they sent that simple gift to use anyways. I still have it today along with the card that it came in. THAT is the true meaning of gift giving! What is the most meaningful gift you have ever received?

No comments:

Post a Comment