Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Two Tangled Speechie's on a Tuesday-- LiveLoveSpeech and Major Speech Pathology Fun by a Minor Girl

I met Kristine over at LiveLoveSpeech through proofreading one of her items that she has up on her Teachers Pay Teachers page. I have exchanged materials with other speech's prior to this date and decided it would be fun to write reviews on the products that we do exchange, so others can benefit from other people's viewpoints on the activities.

I brought this idea up to Kristine and she thought it was a great idea- thus Tangled Tuesday was born.

Today, I am reviewing Monster Speech Jeopardy by LiveLoveSpeech!



The cute little monsters on each of the pages were a hit with my students. This activity features 5 areas: Choosing Appropriate Questions, Gathering Information, Question Comprehension, Formulating Questions and Starting a Conversation. Each area features 8 cards of cards worth 100 points, 8 cards worth 200 points, 8 cards word 300 points, 8 cards worth 400 points and 8 cards worth 500 points for a total of 40 question cards per activity area. Due to the large amount of options for each point level- I played this game 8 different times using different cards for each of those sessions! Now thats flexibility! I included a sample question from each of her activity areas, so you can get an idea of what each of the target tasks look like.


Starting a Conversation Card (above)

Gathering Information Card (above)

Choosing Questions Card (above)

Question Comprehension Card (above)

Formulating Question Card (above)

She has included a game board and little monster cards that she suggests that you place velcro on. Then the student would come up to the game board take off the point value and complete the card task. I played it a little bit differently.



I had bought some library card pockets a long time ago and did not really have a use for them. I labeled each library card pocket by the category and point value amount. For example, "Choosing Questions for 200". Then I placed all of the questions for that category and point value in that pocket. Sometimes, I had all 8 cards in the pocket and in other pockets I may have only put 5 cards in there. This keeps the students guessing and gives each of them opportunity to answer the questions with low and high point values. Be sure to put the front of the cards facing the inside of the pocket because the students may find a surprise card.
     <--------These are what the library card pockets look like =)

For the surprise card, I used her "Lucky Monster Bonus Points" cards! I randomly put them in different pockets. If the student drew a Bonus Card then that automatically doubled the point value of the question IF the student answers the question correct.



I used this activity with my junior high students, but it could be easily utilized with elementary students as well. I had so much fun reviewing this activity and a special thank you to Kristine for joining me in my first Tangled Tuesday.

Go over to LiveLoveSpeech Blog and check out her review of my activity "Crayon Color Definitions"
http://livelovespeechkl.blogspot.com/   Go to her blogsite for a FREEBIE from me and a review of "Crayon Color Definitions".

This activity can be found in her TPT store- it is on sale today and tomorrow! http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Kristine-Lamb   

Here is a link to one of LiveLoveSpeech's FREEBIE's just for you =) http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Snowy-WH-Questions

My Crayon Color Definitions activity will be on sale Tuesday and Wednesday only- you can grab it at my TPT page http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Major-Speech-Pathology-Fun-By-A-Minor-Girl

If you would like to be a part of Tangled Tuesday, let me know-- either leave a comment in the comment section below, message me on my facebook page or leave a post on my facebook page! I look forward to more Tangled Tuesdays! The next Tangled Tuesday will be with Word Nerd Speech Teach next Tuesday December 25th! Two more freebies will be featured in this post as well!

Follow me on Facebook for some fun giveaways, freebies and fun information  www.facebook.com/MinorSLP




No comments:

Post a Comment