Thank Goodness for...Neds Head from Super Duper Inc.
Thank Goodness for Ned's Head!
Ned's Head from www.superduperinc.com is a great item to have in your speech room! Kids love to stick their hands in his ears and nose to find hidden items.
Here are some ways you could use it:
1. As an incentive! Each time the student completes a task- the student can reach in to get an incentive. I usually put in some small rubber dinosours. If the student gets a green dinosaur, then they get a piece of candy. If they get a red dinosaur, they do not. I only put in a few green dinosaurs.
2. As a sentence generation task! Have the student reach in the head and pick out a card or object. The student then has to create a sentence using the object/picture.
3. Description Task: I hid different cards or objects in Ned's Head and had the students describe the picture.
4. Articulation Task: Have each student draw a card from the head. The student would say the word/phrase/sentence.
5. Sorting Activity: Place items in the head that can belong to different categories. The students will reach in and grab a card/object and place it in the correct spot.
These are just some of the ways I utilize Ned's Head in my speech room! Have you used Ned's Head before?