Saturday, January 5, 2013

Such and Such Saturday and Sunday: The Ipad and the Medical Setting


                                        











The Ipad is the new thing in schools and therapy, and also some in the medical setting. But I have noticed that many people are surprised when I carry it around with me at my medical facilities. So, I wanted to share how I utilize it in my practice as a medical speech language pathologist. I know we all know what an I-pad looks like by now- but here it is!

I have put all of my WALC Books on my I-pad via my dropbox app. I have also placed all of my dysphagia/language/stroke handouts on my Ipad via dropbox. So using dropbox, I have all of my "books" with me at all times without the "lug'! My Ipad fits perfectly into my clipboard, so I can have it with me at all times. I generally do not pull it out if my patient is on "isolation precautions". Another way I utlize my Ipad is if a family member or patient requests a handout or exercise sheet of oral motor/laryngeal exercises, then I can e-mail that person from the patient's room! How nifty is that! Of course, your hospital has to be hooked up to WiFi to be able to do this, but my patients and family members love "information right now". Anyways, that is just one of the many ways I use my Ipad in my medical settings!

No comments:

Post a Comment